Why should you stay at a Walt Disney World Resort?
Congratulations! You just made the decision to vacation at Disney this year. Now the question is whether to stay at Disney World or at an off-property hotel. While I know there are many wonderful hotels located outside of Disney World, none of them compare to the experience you will receive by staying at a Disney World Resort property.Here are top 10 reasons to stay at a Walt Disney World Resort.
1. A couple weeks before your trip you will receive your FREE personalized Magic Bands in the mail. When you booked your trip you got the opportunity to pick the color of your Magic Band. Now that you have these colorful bands in your possession, make sure you pack them in your carry-on luggage. Why? These bands give you access to all things Disney. They will open your room at your resort, allow you to make charges on your Disney account, allow you access to the parks, give you access to the rides you selected for Fast Pass, be used in restaurants for the dining plan and scanned for any photos taken in the park.
2. Before you even pack a bag, or board a plane, you can begin your Disney experience by checking into your Disney resort online. In this process you have the opportunity to request room preferences within a resort such as which floor or building location you would like. While no guarantees can be made, Disney makes every effort to honor your requests. Once your room is ready, a text is sent to your phone to let you know. This speeds up the check in process.
3. Now it’s time to leave for the airport. Don’t forget your luggage tags! Disney sends you sticker tags to put on your luggage. When you check in at your departure airport, simply attach these tags to your luggage and let Disney do the rest. Once you arrive in Orlando and exit the plane, you just need to head to the Magical Express area and board the bus. Disney provides FREE transportation to your Walt Disney World resort. Now all you need to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. Your luggage will be picked up by Disney cast members and automatically delivered to your room a couple hours later. If you are traveling with kids, this is a HUGE plus! Why hassle with luggage when you could be relaxing with your kids aboard Disney’s Magical Express?!?! When you are ready to return home, Disney has you covered as well. Just drop off your luggage with Disney’s cast members at the airport counter. They can check in your luggage and print out your boarding passes so all you need to do is board the bus and once you arrive at the airport, proceed through security to your gate. Once you arrive back at your home airport, your luggage will be waiting for you in baggage claim.
4. You also get early and later access to the parks that is reserved only for Disney World resort guests. Extra Magic hours are a unique benefit which gives you more time to spend in the parks outside of the normally published park hours for all guests visiting Disney. This gives you more time to visit the parks with lower crowds and more time to enjoy Disney’s wonderful rides and attractions.
5. Like to shop? Disney offers FREE package delivery to the quick service location at your Disney resort. So instead of having to haul that adorable stuffed animal or delicate collectable you just purchased through the park, they will have it waiting for you at your resort a short while later. You simply need to pick it up the next time you go for breakfast, cup of coffee or break in the action.
6. Hate carrying a wallet or purse full or cash or credit cards while in the parks? There is no need to carry cash or credit cards in the park if you are a Disney resort guest. Any purchases you would like to make, whether in a gift shop, restaurant or kiosk can be made with your Magic Band. It provides a hassle free way of shopping. When you check in to your Disney resort you can put a credit card on file for any purchases you choose to make and it will be billed accordingly at the end of your stay.
7. You get to be immersed in the Disney experience by staying at a Disney resort. Each resort offers a slightly different theme, but all offer the unique and exceptional customer service which Disney is known for and set the standard for. Each resort offers a theme pool, gift shop, quick service restaurant location, unique Disney theming in the rooms and throughout the resort and so much more.
8. Getting to the parks is as easy as getting on the next bus, monorail or boat destined for your theme park location. All resorts have FREE bus transportation to all the parks, and Disney resorts via bus transfers. However, if you are staying at a deluxe Disney resort, you have additional methods of transportation such as riding the Disney monorail or taking a boat or ferry to the parks. No need to rent a car unless you want to. But if you do rent a car, parking is FREE at the Disney resorts and theme parks for anyone staying at a Walt Disney World resort.
9. You have the option to purchase the Disney dining plan. This is only available to guests staying at a Disney World resort. It gives you an opportunity to pre-pay for your meals and save some money. They offer 3 different plans to meet the needs of everyone. This is not a requirement to purchase, but is only offered to Disney resort guests.
10. Finally, you are immersed in the fun 24 hours a day during your visit. You are just a short walk, or bus ride away from Disney fun. Whether you want to enjoy all the fun activities at your resort, theme parks, shopping at Disney Springs, golfing, fishing or so much more, you are only a short distance away. The Disney World Resort complex is HUGE. It is the size of San Francisco and staying off site takes a lot of time away from enjoying all that Disney has to offer while traveling back and forth to your hotel. Got a little one who still naps? Taking a break from the park is faster by hopping a bus than taking a tram to your car, driving outside the resort and back to your room.
People stay at a Walt Disney resort to be immersed in the fun and enjoy all that Disney has to offer. Now the better question is, what Disney World resort will you be staying at for your next vacation???