Mickey's No So Scary Halloween Party
I love Fall, it's my favorite time of year. There's so much I love about visiting Disney World in the Fall, too. Including, but not limited to, Epcot's Food & Wine Festival, the Starbucks at the parks sell Pumpkin Spice Latte (what can I say, I can be a basic girl some times!) and especially Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom Park. I've been to the party more than a few times with my husband, and now our daughter. The last time we went we were lucky enough to experience it with my niece, nephew, and their parents. It's one of my favorite ways to celebrate Halloween! You get to experience all of the best parts of Halloween but with a Mickey twist, in the most magical place on Earth! What could be better than that?!
Here are some things to know, before you go!
Costumes are fun, but not mandatory. You don't have to dress up to enjoy the festivities, but most people do. There are some rules you need to follow when it comes to your costumes.
General Rules: - All Guests can dress as their favorite character, but they cannot pose for pictures or sign autographs for other guests.
- Costumes must be family-friendly. They cannot be obstructive, objectionable, violent, or offensive.
- Costumes cannot have any lifelike weapons or have sharp objects that may accidentally hit another guest.
- Disney reserves the right to deny admission to or remove any person wearing attire that is considered inappropriate or attire that could detract from the experience of other Guests.
Guests 13 Years and Under:- Costumes and some masks can be worn by Guests 13 years and under, as long as the mask doesn't cover the entire face, and eyes are visible.
Guests 14 years and Older:- Costumes can not reach or drag on the ground.
- Capes can be worn if they're no longer than the Guest's waist.
- Theme shirts, blouses, hats, and sweatshirts are acceptable.
- Acceptable accessories include transparent wings, toy swords, tutus, and plastic lightsabers. Headwear can be worn as long as it doesn't cover the Guest's face.
- Masks of any kind can not be worn.
- Layered costume, or props, that surround the Guest's entire body are discouraged and may be subject to additional security screening.
You can Trick-or-Treat around the park. You'll get a bag to fill up at special trick or treat stations around the park that you can walkthrough. The cast members are very generous with the candy. Have food allergies? That's not a problem! Disney will give you a special bag to let the cast members know!
This event requires special Party tickets. There is an additional charge to buy Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party tickets. Party hours are from 7 pm to Midnight, after the Magic Kingdom closes to the public for the day. Historically party guests have been able to enter Magic Kingdom park at 4 pm. While you cannot book Fast Passes during party hours, you may be able to snag a couple between 4-7 pm, before the Halloween Party officially begins. When you check into the Magic Kingdom with your party tickets a cast member will put a special wrist band on you, and that lets all the cast members know you're there to attend Mickeys Not So Scary Halloween Party.
During the Party, limited attractions will be open, and there will be tons of characters to meet. You'll be able to meet your favorite characters dressed up in their Halloween costumes as well, like Mickey and friends. Along with special characters like Jack Skellington & Sally, certain villains, and more! While not all the rides and attractions will be open, usually Magic Kingdom's fan favorites are available to ride during Party hours. Since it is a special ticketed event, you'll notice that wait times are less, since the number of guests allowed into the park for the Party will be limited.
There are 3 Halloween Party Shows you'll want to watch. These shows are subject to be canceled due to inclement weather. Here are the shows, and they're anticipated showtimes, along with locations.
- Mickey's Boo to You Halloween Parade on Main Street USA and around the Castle Plaza - 9:15 pm & 11:15 pm
- Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular on the stage in front of Cinderella's Castle - 8:15 pm, 10:45 pm & 12 am
- Not-So-Spooky Spectacular at Cinderella's Castle - 10:15 pm
Also, don't forget to check out these other fun things happening throughout the night...
- Scream-o-Ween Dance Party at Tomorrowland Stage
- Storybook Circus Disney Jr Jam at Storybook Circus in Fantasyland
- Dapper Cadaver Dans singing on Main Street
Here are the dates for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in 2019
August 16, 20, 23, 27, 30
September 2, 6, 8, 10, 13, 15, 17, 20, 22, 24, 27, 29
October 1, 3, 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 14, 15, 17, 18, 20, 21, 24, 25, 27, 29, 31
Party ticket prices vary by date. Contact your As You Wish Vacations Travel Agent today to get a quote for your family to attend Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in 2019. Happy Haunting!